Mary Kelaher tells a gritty story about life in the cast of a family's shadow.


Mary Kelaher

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

You're over the first hurdle as a writer and you're finally writing consistently. Now what?

Join me as I trawl my way through all the writing tips, promotion tips and publishing tips to try and find the diamonds in the bedrock.

Girl in a field of grass

Monday, September 25, 2006

Sorted

I have finished sorting the content I got from doing the 30 days into rough sections. There is so much. After scanning through it, I think that I have could end up being too much raw content to work with. If there is such a thing.

This task has really driven home the need to know what your theme is and exactly what you are trying to say about it. The task is then to use the best emotions, actions, reactions and characters that will supp0rt your thesis.

The great thing about having too much content is the other ideas it generates for other books. The challenge is to stay focused on this one and file the excess away for next time.

I've just remembered another task to do I forgot about. I have to summarize a book on living in children's home before I leave for Perth (see http://cartentesky.blogspot.com/). It is going to be interesting to see how I write on the road without a laptop. I guess I'll be using up lots of notebooks and a hell of a lot of typing to do when I get back.

Whew this is one hell of a task.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home