Mary Kelaher tells a gritty story about life in the cast of a family's shadow.


Mary Kelaher

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

You're over the first hurdle as a writer and you're finally writing consistently. Now what?

Join me as I trawl my way through all the writing tips, promotion tips and publishing tips to try and find the diamonds in the bedrock.

Girl in a field of grass

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Getting through the tasks

I’m still not getting through all the tasks I’ve set myself, but I am having some great results from the tasks I am completing.

For freefall, I focus on the story before I start and write to see what comes up. Yesterday I had a great breakthrough with the argument between the mother and the father that is the catalyst. Rather than spell out the whole argument heard through the wall, all I need to do is to put in the key phrases the give the gist of what they are fighting about. The things they say to each other will set up state of the relationship between them now and the backstory without having to spell it out.

For the 1/2 hour topic specific, I write it from a characters point of view. I am getting a lot of material that I could use in the character development sheets, but I haven't entered it in yet. That's why I say I haven't done it on the check in.

I'm really pleased with the way things are going. The tasks setting has worked really well for me.

Check In:

* Journal entry Yes
* 1 hour FF writing Yes
* 1/2 hour topic specific writing Yes
* 10 min. sensual detail topic No
* Action / Reaction Sheet Yes
* Character development No

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home