Mary Kelaher tells a gritty story about life in the cast of a family's shadow.


Mary Kelaher

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

You're over the first hurdle as a writer and you're finally writing consistently. Now what?

Join me as I trawl my way through all the writing tips, promotion tips and publishing tips to try and find the diamonds in the bedrock.

Girl in a field of grass

Monday, September 18, 2006

Words and structure

When I sat down to do my hour of freefall yesterday, I found I had run into an problem. I wasn't sure what I needed to write about to add to the story.

I was rummaging through my memory trying to think of where I could add more content when I realized that I really needed to do was to put some structure around the story I have already.

It is time to plot the current story using the action and reaction cards, so I can see how what I have already fits together.

So, for the next couple of days I'll be dropping the freefall and focus on plotting instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home