Mary Kelaher tells a gritty story about life in the cast of a family's shadow.


Mary Kelaher

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

You're over the first hurdle as a writer and you're finally writing consistently. Now what?

Join me as I trawl my way through all the writing tips, promotion tips and publishing tips to try and find the diamonds in the bedrock.

Girl in a field of grass

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Focusing the mind

A solid deadline has a way of focusing my mind. So I have created one.

I have signed up to a weeklong Freefall workshop at the end of October. To tighten the screws a little more I have registered for the one in Perth which is three and a half thousand kilometers away. Then for some extra tension, I have decided to drive there and to hang out around Margaret River for a couple of weeks before the course. All while I continue to write. And check in here to tell you about my progress.

There that should do it.

To get the most out of this workshop I need to have identified the gaps in my story and the parts I need to flesh out some more.

To do this I must have my action/reaction sheets, my storyboard cards finished, all my hand written notes summarized and character profiles fleshed out with the information I currently have about before I go in three weeks. Otherwise I will be wasting my time and money.

Nothing like a bit of pressure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home