Mary Kelaher tells a gritty story about life in the cast of a family's shadow.


Mary Kelaher

<$BlogItemFeedLinks$>

You're over the first hurdle as a writer and you're finally writing consistently. Now what?

Join me as I trawl my way through all the writing tips, promotion tips and publishing tips to try and find the diamonds in the bedrock.

Girl in a field of grass

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Grunt work

Well I started sorting my notes into sections and chapters yesterday and it left me with a migraine. What a horrible task. But it has to be done and I'll be spending the next couple of days doing it.

Unfortunately in the short term it is going to get worse as I continue to type up my hand written notes.

The real down side to this task is knowing that most of the work is going to be tossed or reworked in some way. But that's ok. It's all part of the job.

The up side is that by the end of it, I will have the beginnings of the content I need for my action/reaction sheets. And once I finish plotting out version 0.1 of the novel, it will be a lot easier to track where the content goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

I saw your post on Mike's Writing Workshop. I'm working on my first novel and am interested in reading your thoughts as you work through your process. Good to know that we're not alone on this sometimes lonely journey, eh?

Cindy M.

9:55 AM  
Blogger MaryK said...

I would be wonderful to share my journey with you. What's your novel about?

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home